Mum had been asked to bring along a gift for a friend's daughter, so Thursday morning we lazed around apartment In the morning (sans hangover) and it was worth the wait. Jacinta gave us the names of a couple of local places that she said worth really good.
We then headed off to have a wander down Christopher Street (think Oxford Street and I don't mean the fashion...). After hitting Bleeker Street we doubled back to find Buvette one of the places mentioned by Jacinta.
Now for those who don't know me the idea of a plate of prosciutto and not much else is my idea of heaven. Make that a plate of prosciutto AND Virginia Ham, I'm done! Mum had a Salade Nicoise and all the food in this cute little eatery was fantastic.
After lunch we wandered back up Bleeker Street (becoming regulars now) and headed back towards Hudson and then home.
As we were walking along minding our own business we saw yet another cyclist, there are a lot here including the recent introduction of 6000 rent a bikes. I did a double take as I realised that it was actually Phillip Seymour Hoffman casually riding his bike,turning into the street in front of us.
In unrelated news - the last time I saw mum she was running down the road chasing some guy on a bike.....
We had, or I should say I had, decided what shows we were going to and when so Thursday afternoon we headed back up to Broadway to purchase all the tickets.
One thing I had to date failed to do in New York was tackle the subway. Well let me tell you....... It's exactly the same as Sydney Rail. There's a line that goes from 3 blocks up right to Times Square, too easy.
So we went around, grabbed the tickets then...... Waited around for 3 hours we were a tad too efficient in our planning.
This evening's show was chosen for a very is simple reason. It would be the fourth stage version of this production I have seen. 4 cities and 3 countries. Yes ladies and gentleman we were off to Mamma Mia. I saw the first production 12 years ago in Melbourne, the second a year later in Sydney, third seven years ago in London and now is was New York's turn to wow me. And wow me..... It did 't. Usually with an all musical dancing production I kinda like to have people who can act, sing and dance..... Fair bit of that missing in this. So after searching far and wide, the Australian productions are still the best.
Back to the subway we headed and back to the apartment we went.
We are definitely settling into this New York life.
However can someone please tell me what of earth I'm supposed to do with all these pennies!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment