After being lulled to sleep by the dulcet tones of a freaking loud storm, I awoke to...... blue skies and sun. Yes weather forecasters around the world are equally able to stuff it up royally.
After another lazy morning we headed off towards the High Line which is an old elevated train line that looked like it was going to be scrapped however has been turned into an elevated park and walk way above the city running parallel to 10th Avenue. The view all round was great and would be a great place to take a coffee and book (seems to be a few of those around here. Not bad for a "concrete jungle")
We the continued up towards Times Square as we had a matinee booked. As we were ahead of time we decided to grabbed a bite to eat. A bar called The Flying Puck caught my eye. I'd love to say it's because I like hockey.....
After lunch we continued up to W45th for today's entertainment, the Divine Miss M in I'll eat you last. It was a one woman show with Bette Midler on stage for an hour and a half. I had a women next to be who would have been 60+ wolf whistling and a guy behind mum who was laughing.....no braying.... at everything!
So 5 shows down and back to the apartment -we are subway queens now huzzah! I updated my blog thanks to some gentle prodding from people back home and then after a quick bid we walked the 2 blocks to tonight's play.
Mum liked the idea to going to a show in a local theatre and Reasons to be Happy fit the bill. The play starred Jenna Fischer, Josh Hamilton, Leslie Bibb and Fred Weller and I'll admit I didn't have high expectations for an Off Off Broadway show however I really liked it.
So here I sit, with a blog actually up to date in a New York Loft apartment, kinda liking this.
Show count - 6
Kilometres walked - 47 (Mum - 41)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment