The area is just south of the apartment so we set off down Greenwich Street without a cloud in the sky (I wasn't wearing grey today). As we were walking along we saw a couple of paintings on the side of a building that some how we just hadn't seen before.
There were two particular things that mum wanted to see in this area. A six storey high mural by Richard Haas on Greene Street. It was an incredible mural where a plain wall has been artistically painted to look like a lot of windows. We found it fairly easily however it was disappointing to see some graffiti on it.
Our next stop was the Singer Building, I particular it was the architecture and facade that Mum was particularly interested in. As we neared it, it became obvious that the curse of Clare had hit once again. Oops sorry Mum
We continued through the district which now houses a lot of designer stores and boutiques. I recalled that the bakery which was the home of Cronuts (a hybrid croissant/donut) so we went on the hunt for these little pastries. Finding the bakery was easy however there wasn't a Cronut in evidence.
Being lunch time it was time to tick something else off my New York eating list..... A New York Slice. And yep that's exactly how you order it, you simply ask for "a slice". And what you get is a small piece of pizza.......
As it was likely to be the last fine day before the storms rolled in again, we continued walking east and headed up the Bowery back north. We popped back into Strand Books (Mum reads a lot and quickly!), back to the Pop Pub and then home.
Tonight's entertainment was Newsies which one a couple of Tony Awards last year. I chose Newsies because I know that Mum is nota huge fan of musicals however does enjoy dance. Newsies won Best Choreography so I figured we were on a winner. And...... It was a hit. Great production and a lot of fun.
Wow, we leave in just a few days. This time is going fast......
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment