Awake at 4:30am (dang it, no one will ever believe I'm not a morning person again). Thankfully the lovely owners of this apartment had the foresight to provide a coffee makers and ground coffee so had my morning coffee so I was at least a little bit human.
Mum and I stuck around until 7am before we wondered down the street. We decided to head across to 5th Avenue then head up towards Central Park. So down Barrow Street we wandered and down the rain came. Perfect day to wear a light grey shirt. Top half turned a lot darker very quickly.
As dodged raindrops (fairly unsuccessfully) we decided we had gone too far to head back and we were wet anyway. We continued up 5th Ave passing an array of stores and getting wetter (and more dark grey) at every step.
We ducked into AT&T so I could organise a SIM card for my phone to communicate we mum on the days we went our separate ways (ever need a SIM card in New York pop in and see Justin at the 590 5th store). Including helping us out with the SIM card, he suggested a breakfast place posited Grand Central station and after looking at the state I was in gently suggested a place around the corner where we could get a couple of umbrellas.
After purchasing umbrellas and checking out the breakfast place we continued our walk up 5th Avenue. We popped into Saks Fifth Avenue to see if we could find a dress for the Tonys however nothing jumped out. (However we still have a couple of days to look :) ).
I did however find a couple of tshirts for myself at both H&M and Gap. After a successful shopping trip to Bergdorf Goodman for Mum we hit the south end of Central Park.
It was at this time that simultaneously we decided to head back and our feet and legs started to complain a little. Heading over to 7th Avenue we started our wander back and it was during this that we passed through Times Square for the first time this trip. I didn't linger though, the magic just isn't there during the day.
So now after traversing 5th and 7th avenues we are back at the apartment just chilling until we decide what to do tonight.
I think a leisurely 12 km walk isn't too bad a start to the trip....... but ask me again later when I put my feet back on the floor.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment